Won by One to Jamaica exists to show the love of Jesus Christ by providing opportunities through education, empowerment, discipleship and economic development for Jamaican and American lives to be transformed.
Our Vision Our Core Values
To connect the strengths of Jamaicans and Americans to pursue God’s vision for each other’s communities.
- We will live as a sent people.
- We will be a movement not a building.
- We will live our faith as a lifestyle.
- We will develop all aspects of a person’s life (spiritual, physical, emotional, economic).
- We will not be satisfied with surface level engagement with each other.
- We will build coalitions to solve our problems together.
- We will bring the Gospel to life together.
- We will prioritize people over projects.
- We will serve together.
Our Statement of Faith
- We will always be rooted in the Harmons Valley.
- We will partner with local organizations.
- We will challenge the status quo.
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgment.
- The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruit of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Savior of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfill the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgment, and establish a new heaven and new earth.